Alcohol: No alcohol or any illegal substances may be brought into ShoWare Center, nor consumed in any of the local parking lots. Violators will be cited by Kent Police and are subject to significant fines. Alcoholic beverages can be purchased by persons 21 years of age or older with legal identification inside ShoWare Center. ShoWare Center reserves the right to evict an underage guest who is observed to be drinking alcohol or to any guest who appears to be intoxicated. ShoWare Center also reserves the right to deny entrance to an intoxicated guest.
Alcohol Sales at Concerts and Other Events: All alcohol sales will cease after intermission or at management discretion.
Alcohol Sales at Thunderbird Games: Alcoholic beverages are sold until the start of the third period. This policy is subject to change based on management discretion.
ADA Access: ShoWare Center invites guests with special needs to share in the excitement of our sports and entertainment venue. We recognize the needs of guests with disabilities, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, and continue to make every effort to comply with State and Federal accessibility regulations and accommodate guests with disabilities. The arena has been carefully designed to meet the needs of our guests with disabilities. However, if you have comments, questions or suggestions, please contact the ShoWare Center Director of Operations, Josh Holmes, 253-856-6706, jholmes@ShoWareCenter.com. Here are services designed to ensure your enjoyment:
Easy Access: Convenient ground-level access to ShoWare Center is available at the south entrance, where patrons can use an elevator to top of seating bowl if necessary.
Parking: On both the east and west side of the arena there are accessible parking spaces which are available for our guests with disabilities. Vehicles legally using disabled license plates or window cards are permitted to park in these designated spaces.
Tickets: For your convenience, accessible ticket windows are located on the south end of the arena, both inside and out. ShoWare Center recommends that guests with disabilities purchase their tickets in advance to obtain desired seat locations. Wheelchair seats that are not purchased during an advanced sale period (which may vary depending upon the event) may be released for sale to the general public. Questions regarding disabled seating and wheelchair accessibility can be directed to the Ticket Office as follows: Voice: (253) 856-6999;
Ticket Office Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00 AM -5:00 PM; Weekend Box Office hours vary, based on event schedule. Please call (253) 856-6999. Group Sales - When purchasing group tickets, please specify your interest in accessible seating.
Elevator: A public elevator is available at the southwest corner of the arena.
Assistive Listening Devices: Headsets and receivers for our FM hearing assistance system are available, at no charge, in the Ticket Office.
Interpreting Services: Guests who require interpreting services for arena events must contact the Guest Services Manager within two weeks of the scheduled event by calling 253-856-6709 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service Animals: Service animals for the disabled are permitted in ShoWare Center. If accommodations are required for your service animal, please notify us at the time of your ticket purchase.
Emergency Evacuation Procedures: Designated ShoWare Center ushers and other personnel have been trained in proper procedures for emergency preparedness. These designated staff members will have the primary duty of assisting guests with disabilities to specific locations.
Smoking: Smoking is not permitted inside the building.
First Aid: Guests in need of First Aid should inform the closest usher. The First Aid Office is in the northwest corner of the arena, outside Section 112.
Restrooms: Public restrooms are accessible to our guests with disabilities.
Concession Stands: All concession stands are accessible at ShoWare Center. If guests with disabilities require assistance at any service area, please notify the nearest staff member.
Comments, Questions and Suggestions: For our guests with disabilities, your enjoyment of ShoWare Center is an ongoing commitment. In our desire to continually improve access, we request that you contact us with your comments, questions and/or suggestions at 253-856-6706, or ShoWare Center/SMG, 625 W James Street, Kent, WA 98032.
Animals: We permit no animals in ShoWare Center other than animals that are certified "Working Dogs" and are in service to assist disabled guests and must remain on a leash or harness at all times.
- SMOKING IS PROHIBITED WITHIN THE ARENA (E-CIGARETTES INCLUDED)
- CHILDREN TWO (2) YEARS AND OLDER MUST HAVE A TICKET FOR ADMISSIONS
- SHIRTS AND SHOES MUST BE WORN IN THE ARENA AT ALL TIMES
- OUTSIDE FOOD, DRINKS, CANS, BOTTLES, OR CONTAINERS OF ANY KIND MAY NOT BE BROUGHT INTO THE ARENA
- FIREWORKS AND WEAPONS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMTED TO, FIREARMS, KNIVES, STICKS, CHAINS, SPIKED JEWELRY, SPIKED CLOTHING, SPIKED BELTS, SPIKED BOOTS AND SPURS) ARE NOT PERMITTED IN ARENA
- CAMERA AND AUDIO/VIDEO RECORDING DEVICES MAY NOT BE PERMITTED DURING CERTAIN EVENTS
- LASER POINTERS AND COMPRESSED AIR HORNS MAY NOT BE BROUGHT INTO THE ARENA
- TICKET STUBS MUST BE RETAINED FOR DURATION OF THE EVENT
- MANAGEMENT RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ADMITTANCE TO TICKET HOLDERS WHO REFUSE TO ALLOW INSPECTION OF THEIR PERSONS AND PURSE, BAG, OR PACKAGE CARRIED WITH THEM ENTERING THE ARENA
- VIOLATORS OF THESE REGULATIONS OR ANYONE ENGAGING IN INAPPROPRIATE CONDUCT MAY BE REFUSED ADMISSION OR DIRECTED TO LEAVE
- UNLAWFUL PURCHASE, DISTRIBUTION, OR POSSESSION OF ALCOHOL WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE FACILITY
Banners/Signs: Hand held signs and banners are allowed if they do not exceed 11"x17" and do not block the view of guests or sponsorship, directional or emergency signage. Any signage must meet the approval of venue management.
Behavior: Active cheering and enthusiasm is encouraged. However, individual conduct must be bound by law and the rights of others to enjoy the event. Guest behavior cannot be unreasonable so as to offend others or be unreasonably abusive to players, officials or performers. Guests using foul language or appearing intoxicated are subject to eviction. ShoWare Center staff reserves the right to evict guests whose behavior seriously affects the ability of others to enjoy the event. Please notify the nearest usher immediately if any such problem occurs. Evicted guests will not receive a refund for their tickets or be compensated in any way.
Fan Courtesy at Thunderbirds Games: In order not to block the view of other guests at Thunderbirds games, guests are asked to be courteous fans by waiting for the next whistle before going to or leaving their seats. In addition, guests are asked to not lean forward in their seats so as not to block the view of guests seating behind them.
For the safety of all, a guest who throws any object into the stands or onto the playing surface or stage will be evicted from ShoWare Center. The only exception to this policy is when, during a hockey game, a player scores a "hat trick" (three goals in a game). In this case, throwing of hats is customary and is deemed appropriate (hats cannot be returned).
Camera and Audio/Video Recorders: The use of still cameras (film or digital) and video & audio recorders is regulated by the promoter of each event. In many cases, the camera policy is not finalized until the day of the event and is subject to change. In most cases for concerts, all cameras are prohibited. Still cameras (film or digital) are permitted for Thunderbirds games and other professional or amateur sporting events, as long as the lens does not detach. Video cameras are rarely permitted. When cameras are prohibited, guests are encouraged to take them back to their car. Tri-pods or single-pods are also not permitted at any event held at ShoWare Center, as they can cause a tripping hazard in the event of an evacuation.
Children: All guests who have reached their second birthday must have a ticket. Children less than two years old may enter without a ticket but must sit on a guardian's lap.
PLEASE NOTE: Some events will require all attendees regardless of age to present a ticket for entry. Please check the event's ticket policies at the time of purchase.
Code of Conduct: ShoWare Center works to provide a safe, enjoyable and pleasant environment for all guests in attendance. As such, arena staff will ask all guests to adhere to the following code of conduct:
• Guests shall be respectful to all other guests, fans, participants, event officials, entertainers, athletes, arena staff and arena property.
• Guests shall not willfully and maliciously disturb a guest/employee and shall not interfere in other guests' enjoyment of the event.
• Guests who drink alcoholic beverages shall do so in a responsible manner.
• Guests shall refrain from using offensive language, making obscene gestures, wearing obscene or indecent clothing, throwing projectiles of any kind and possessing prohibited items.
• Guests shall never enter the playing or performance area, or interfere with the progression of the event in any fashion.
• Guests shall comply with the direction and instructions of venue staff.
• Guests are responsible for their own good time by immediately reporting inappropriate behavior to the nearest usher or building liaison.
• Guests entering the arena must be properly attired with shoes and a shirt. The items must be worn at all times in the facility.
• Any other conduct deemed by the venue to be inappropriate to the peace and good order of events or which may adversely affect the safety or persons or property will be handled by arena staff in its sole discretion.
First Aid: The First Aid Station is located on the main concourse outside Section 112. Trained medical personnel are on staff for every ShoWare Center event and are available to guests and employees needing assistance.
Free Speech Activity: ShoWare Center will accommodate peaceful demonstration from non-for-profit organizations in designated free speech zones as allowed by the First Amendement US Constitution. Policy & Registration Form
Laser Pens: Any type of laser pen or pointer is prohibited at ShoWare Center. Any such device is dangerous to both other guests and to event performers. Any guest found carrying such an object is subject to eviction from the building as well as confiscation of the object.
Prohibited Items: Guests, including law enforcement personnel not working in an official capacity, are prohibited from bringing weapons into ShoWare Center. Weapons include, but are not limited to, firearms, explosives, handcuffs, batons, stun guns, knives, tear gas and pepper spray. Guests with these items will not be allowed in the building and, if already in the building, will be required to take the item from the building or be evicted. For safety reasons, guests are refused entry if they are in possession of prohibited items. Illegal items will be confiscated and turned over to the police. If a guest is found inside the venue with a prohibited item, the item will be confiscated and the guest may be ejected from the facility. Guests with specific or special dietary needs due to medical conditions or religious requirements should contact Guest Services prior to arrival at the event.
The following items are not permitted:
• Aerosol Cans
• Animals/Pets (except service animals)
• Audio/Video Recording Equipment
• Balloons, Beach Balls or Related Items
• Cans, Bottles, Glass or Other Beverage Containers
• Chains, Studded Bracelets, etc.
• Coolers or Ice Chests
• Illegal Drugs
• Large Bags and Purses
• Laser Pens and Pointers
• Noisemaking Devices (i.e. whistles, air horns)
• Outside Food, Beverage, Bottled Water, etc.
• Professional Photography Equipment
• Poles/Sticks to Display Flags, Banners, etc.
• Skateboards, Rollerblades, Bikes, etc.
• Unapproved pamphlets, fliers, handbills, etc.
• Weapons of any kind (i.e. pepper spray, tear gas, handcuffs, stun guns, etc.)
• Any Other Item deemed inappropriate or dangerous by the venue in its sole discretion
(This list is subject to change at any time.)
Re-Entry: ShoWare Center has a general "no re-entry" policy during all events. Should a guest of the arena have an emergency or a legitimate purpose to exit and re-enter the building, the guest may obtain proper authorization and have their ticket scanned out. As a rule, only one guest per group is allowed to exit and re-enter.
Security Checks: ShoWare Center conducts visual and bag security checks at every event. Higher levels of security checks including pat-downs, hand-wanding and the use of metal detectors are done at the discretion of management for other events. All large bags, large backpacks and suitcases will not be permitted in the building. Baby bags are permitted, but baby strollers and baby carriers are not permitted. ShoWare Center offers the service of checking in baby strollers and carriers at all events.
Smoking: In accordance with State of Washington regulations, ShoWare Center is a smoke-free facility and smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the building, including restrooms. Guests caught smoking will be warned once and then evicted from the building if caught again. The ShoWare Center smoking policy conforms to Washington state law which prohibits smoking within 25 feet of entrances, exits and operable windows of any building.
In accordance with the King County Board of Health, electronic cigarette use is prohibited in all areas where smoking is. Guests wanting to use an e-cigarette must comply with state law and be 25 feet away from any entrance, exit and operable window of any building
Tailgating: Tailgating in lots surrounding ShoWare Center is prohibited per Kent City Ordinance. Violators will be cited and fined for having an open BBQ flame or open container of alcohol. Tailgating, trailer homes, motor coaches, overnight parking and related activity is strictly prohibited. All vehicles must park within the dimensions of a designated parking space. All vehicles must exit the parking lots within two hours of the conclusion of the event or they will be towed at the expense of the owner.
Ticket Reselling: The resale of tickets ("scalping") is not permitted in and around ShoWare Center. Violators are subject to fine and confiscation of goods and cash. Tickets may not be resold for any amount, including below face value.